04 April, 2013

Glitter Queens from New Orleans


On the same street as Antique Archaeology in Nashville sits an inconspicuous house. Upon further inspection, the signage caught my eye and beckoned me to come in...Please note, I was not allowed to to take pictures inside the store, so the pictures that follow are from Moonshine Netties facebook page. I hope she doesn't mind my sharing them because I just love this store.

Once inside, you are greeted with bright pink walls, bling, and vintage clothing, boots, and jewels....


The shop makes me think it would be where Bettie Page would shop if she were a rhinestone cowgirl.
I can definitely see myself wearing a pair of those ruffly leggings with some cowboy boots and one of those slip dresses....So cute!!


"MOONSHINE NETTIE WAS BORN OUT OF OUR LUV FOR OUR MOM,GRANDMOTHER NETTIE,SPARKLES,GLITTER,ROCK n ROLL,ALL THINGS VINTAGE,ECCENTRICS,THE DEEP SOUTH,COTTON FIELDS,SHOOTING STARS,CRESCENT MOONS AND OUR MYSTERY CITY NEW ORLEANS......" (Owner)


How cute is this face? Ha!


More vintage goodies...


And bling...


I love this pink vintage dress...


Moonshine Netties also carries a lot of handcrafted items made by various indie artists...




"MOONSHINE NETTIE WAS A MISSISSIPPI DELTA QUEEN WHO LOVED THE SOUTH, ELVIS, COSTUME JEWELRY, HER PINK POSITIVE LIPSTICK AND A GOOD AFTERNOON TODDY. SHE WAS A MOTHER OF FIVE THAT WORKED & OWNED RESTAURANTS AND JUKE JOINTS SERVING SOUTHERN FOOD AND BOOTLEGGING WHISKEY. SHE TAUGHT US GIRLS TO WORK HARD FOR WHAT YOU WANT, BE ADVENTUROUS, AND ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIPSTICK." (Owner)

Well girls, if this post doesn't inspire you to get to Nashville and see this store in person, it might inspire you to get your glitter on and make something today~ XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Y'all come back now...